Friday, December 26, 2008

Golden Girl

Looking for a new look for next week's nye bash? Well, read on for one of my newest obsessions. I was lucky enough to receive a bunch of Bobbi Brown gifts this Christmas. If you haven't used the Shimmer Brick Compact, you are truly missing out. The compact lets you easily create more drama and depth in your everyday make-up routine. I was thrilled when I opened up my Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick (limited edition). And the adorable lip gloss gift set with the golden bag to keep them in is too perfect. It's no wonder I enjoyed sitting down with Bobbie Brown make-up artist, Loran, to talk about New Years Eve make-up looks:

Loran: The Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick has been a huge hit this season. The colors work so well with all skin tones and complexions, it really is a great addition to any cosmetic bag. The best part is, it is for both cheeks and eyes.

Fashionista:
That's great! I actually have that product and I was wondering, is it best to layer over make-up or to be worn on its own?

Loran: Sweep the Face Blender Brush across all shades in the compact and apply on the top of cheekbones where light naturally hits your face. Also, you may use the shades individually on your eyes for a pretty highlight! I recommend layering over your blush in the evening for a pretty glow on your cheeks. On the eyes, I recommend wearing by itself, paired with an eye liner such as Mahogany Eye Shadow applied with the Eye Liner Brush.

Be sure to go onto Bobbi Brown's site for a substantial amount of beauty 101 tips and tricks. The entire Holiday Collection is 25% off! And lastly, they have make-up artists that you can chat live with!



photo via bobbi brown

No comments: